Primera Mirada is the work-in-progress section of the International Film Festival of Panama.
IFF Panama will select five projects to be presented before an international jury that will award one of the projects. The winning film, which will receive funds in the amount of US$ 15,000 to complete the project, will be announced during the sixth edition of IFF Panama, to be held from March 31st to April 5, 2017.
The films will be screened in private sessions during IFF Panama 2017 and their filmmakers and producers will have the opportunity to answer questions and receive feedback from industry members.
With its Primera Mirada section, IFF Panama reaffirms its willingness to strengthen and become a platform for the internationalization of the Central American and Caribbean film industry.
- Completed applications need to be submitted by February 3rd, 2017. Primera Mirada will not take the responsibility for the exclusion of projects if complete information is not supplied by the above date.
- Primera Mirada is only open to films from Central America and all the Caribbean islands.
- The films must be feature length of any genre.
- The films must be in post-production, rough-cut or just before final edit.
- Films that have been screened in theaters, TV, online or any other massive public platform, local or international, will NOT be accepted
- Primera Mirada has the right to reject the film if guidelines and regulations are not adhered to and/or submissions are incomplete/ in wrong format/ past due date or any other reason specific to the film submitted.
Jury selected project will be awarded with a cash prize of $15,000 USD.
Unless otherwise agreed by the Festival in writing, awards will be given to the winning film director or producer.
The director of the selected film will be provided with airfare, accommodation and free registration to IFF Panama and Primera Mirada event.
Primera Mirada requires the usage of Primera Mirada logo in the credits of the awarded film, poster and all publicity material in the final cut. The appropriate resolution logo will be provided by IFF Panama.
Applicants will inform IFF Panama organizers of all further developments on the film following Primera Mirada.
IFF Panama is not liable for applicable taxes, customs, tariffs, insurance and similar charges or costs, incurred by the award (if any).